NextGenRoms

(Request) Marvel vs Capcom 2 Music Remix Hacks

Larva

Does anybody still have a copy of the music remixes for MvC2 that used to be on ISO Zone? 
Or any others, really. 

* [DC] MARVEL VS Capcom 2 Dubstep & Color Remix
   * [DC] MARVEL VS Capcom 2 Electronica Remix (Made by fatman01923)
   * [DC] MARVEL VS Capcom 2 Mix Mashup Remix
   * [DC] MARVEL VS Capcom 2 N.W.A Remix (18+)
   * [DC] MARVEL VS Capcom 2 SFIV Remix
   * [DC] MARVEL VS. Capcom 2: Dubstep ReMix - TNF
   * [DC] MARVEL VS. Capcom 2: House Remix
   * [DC] MARVEL VS. Capcom 2: Insanity Remix V1.1
   * [DC] MARVEL VS. Capcom 2: Metal Remix
   * [DC] MARVEL VS. Capcom 2: Michael Jackson Remix
   * [DC] MARVEL VS. Capcom 2: Rap Remix

The only one that seems to still exist is the House Remix, which made it onto CD Romance. 

Edited by Larva
Improperly tagged
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

• Larva changed the title to (Request) Marvel vs Capcom 2 Music Remix Hacks
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, randybobandy said:

Is there an app that I can download to put my own custom songs into MvC2?

Thanks!

No, but, I can write a tutorial and share the tools

From memory all you need to do in mount the game to get the plain files. You may need isobuster, I don't remember. Either way you put the plain files in a folder and you'll see an extension .adx those are the audio files. You need a converter to convert what files you want to replace. You need to turn your mp3s into wav then wav into adx. Name them the same as the original adx files and repack into a cdi with bootdreams or lazyboot. Simple and easy.

My brother made a homebrew bands version a while back featuring the bands of homebrew devs. So I have access to everything but do not currently have them on my computer. When I get it and make Monte's version I'll write a better step-by-step and upload the converter. 

9 minutes ago, GatorCountry said:

From memory all you need to do in mount the game to get the plain files. You may need isobuster, I don't remember. Either way you put the plain files in a folder and you'll see an extension .adx those are the audio files. You need a converter to convert what files you want to replace. You need to turn your mp3s into wav then wav into adx. Name them the same as the original adx files and repack into a cdi with bootdreams or lazyboot. Simple and easy.

My brother made a homebrew bands version a while back featuring the bands of homebrew devs. So I have access to everything but do not currently have them on my computer. When I get it and make Monte's version I'll write a better step-by-step and upload the converter. 

that would be awesome man. Anyway you could make a video for us explaining how to do this I would also like to learn how. You made a video for me before showing how to gens4all and It was a great informational video. I have no experince in this stuff so a video would be very much appreciated thanks man

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GatorCountry said:

Also I have always wanted a DMX and a retrowave one that would be awesome

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, sorry about the delay - just life getting in the way. I've cleared space, I'm downloading the original game and the music requested by Monte, and I'll be getting to work soon. It's 12am where I live already so probably nothing tonight and I've got my daughter with me so probably nothing until late tomorrow or Saturday, but I am on it.

I do not have any audio software anymore so I can't do anything about the levels of each song. If anyone knows a small/lightweight prog that will let me adjust volumes I will normalize everything but at the moment I only have access to mixcraft and it's too large for the space I've cleared. Clearing space hurts my soul :lol: it's all my work and my half-done projects. I don't have entertainment style files to clear like movies or my own music so it's a bit much to clear out enough for a full DAW when all I need in a volume adjuster.

MVC2 is done downloading, so, I'm out. I'll check back in before I finish to make sure no one's usggested a program.

Grabbed the Linkin Park songs from youtube using various youtube download websites. TBH, can't suggest this method but I didn't know what else I could do. I don't really trust these sites and they limit the number of downloads you can grab so pretty much anything else would be better. I don't recomment YT as a source for music at all though, whatever level the uploader uploaded is the volume you're stuck with unless you DAW it. Obviously most people doing this on their own will have access to their tracks. :lol: I'm a fan of LP I just don't keep music on this computer and my mobile is something I only just thought of....we all do dumbshit sometimes.

Again, if youse want some level of control on the audio quality you should send me the tracks otherwise you're stuck with whatever I source.

Now I'm off to crack out a MVC2 LP Remix

Linkin Park is done:

I'll get cracking on Em when I get the chance. I'm going to prepare all my files for the tutorial first then when everything's ready I'll use Eminem as my example as I walk y'all through how to do this. Mostly I have a ton of stuff you don't need to even want to download in the same folders as what you do need and want to download. So, I'll sort those and then make the tutorial and Eminem remix together. Just be patient.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...